LEASE advises on Fire safety in leasehold.
This new section is under development, and we will be adding new content shortly.
If you have a question or concern about fire safety in leasehold, please see the frequently asked questions below. You can also get free advice from our experienced advisers, by booking a telephone appointment, or by writing to us.
If you are a leaseholder with fire safety concerns we encourage you to complete this survey. The feedback will be passed on to the government, who are keen to hear from leaseholders for their views on this important issue.
Frequently Asked Questions on Fire safety
- Fire Risk Assessments
- What is a Fire Risk Assessment?
- How do I get a copy of my building’s Fire Risk Assessment?
- What do I do if my building doesn’t have a Fire Risk Assessment?
- How often must a fire risk assessment be carried out?
- Whose responsibility is it to carry out a Fire Risk Assessment?
- Who can carry out a Fire Risk Assessment?
- I am the Responsible Person for fire safety in a block of flats; do I need a fire risk assessment?
- Who pays for a Fire Risk Assessment?
- Fire safety regulations
- Who is responsible for paying for the removal of cladding?
- What has the Government said regarding responsibility for paying for the removal of cladding and interim measures?
- My landlord has put in place interim measures pending the re-cladding of the building, such as 24 /7 fire marshals patrolling the building. Do I have to pay for these through the service charges?