Fire risk assessments: how often must they be done?
There are no specific time periods in law for how often fire risk assessments must be done or reviewed. The...
Correct installation of the fire door is important in order to make sure the door is fit for purpose.
A test certificate for all replacement doors should be provided to you by the contractor supplying/fitting the door, confirming that it meets the required fire safety standard. Alternatively fire doors can be marked in accordance with an accredited fire door installation scheme.
There are various accredited schemes, where you can view their register and find a suitably qualified trades person.
- BM Q-Mark OP37 fire door installation scheme
- BRE group windows and doors fire performance certification scheme
- Warrington Fire FIRAS Scheme for fire doors
Third party certification is a helpful guide but should not be relied upon.
Composite fire doors on the market should all have furnace test certificates for both sides of the door.
More information you might find useful:
- Who pays for the replacement or upgrade of an existing fire door?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Fire safety
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.