Skip to main content

Most popular advice guides

Service charges and other issues

Service charges, administration charges, ground rent, recognised tenants associations and forfeiture. For a brief summary...

Leasehold Extension – Getting Started

The right to extend the lease of a flat under the Leasehold Reform Housing and...

Living in Leasehold Flats – A guide to how it works

The nature and typical rights and obligations that relate to the ownership of a leasehold...

Section 20 Consultation for Private Landlords, Resident Management Companies and their Agents

Consultation for qualifying works to a building and qualifying long-term agreements. Purpose of this booklet...

Leasehold Houses – Buying the freehold – Qualification and procedure

Qualification requirements for a tenant to buy the freehold of their leasehold house and outline...

Right to Manage

The right for leaseholders of a building containing flats to take over the management of...

Who do I use to replace my fire door?

Correct installation of the fire door is important in order to make sure the door is fit for purpose.

A test certificate for all replacement doors should be provided to you by the contractor supplying/fitting the door, confirming that it meets the required fire safety standard. Alternatively fire doors can be marked in accordance with an accredited fire door installation scheme.

There are various accredited schemes, where you can view their register and find a suitably qualified trades person.

Third party certification is a helpful guide but should not be relied upon.

Composite fire doors on the market should all have furnace test certificates for both sides of the door.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government logo

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.