This page lists organisations that may be able to act for you or give advice on areas that are outside our remit e.g. debt advice.
- Association of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM): 07970 431 1421 ARHM code of practice is one of the approved codes and landlord/managing agents in the retirement sector are required to comply with the code. Promote high standards of practice and ethics in the management of retirement housing and in the provision of services to residents.
- Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA): 01926 496 800 A professional and regulatory body for letting agents in the UK
- Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA): 020 7978 2607 and Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM): 020 3319 7575 will merge to form The Property Institute.
- Building Societies Association: 020 7520 5900 Provides its members with information relating to financial services and represents its members’ interests to stakeholders
- Law Society: 020 7320 5650 Provides a database of practicing solicitors in England and Wales. This is searchable by location and subject
- National Association of Estate Agents: The UK’s leading professional body for estate agency. Website has a searchable directory of members
- National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA) (formerly National Landlords Association) : 0300 131 6400 Supports its members and associates, primarily landlords
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS): 024 7686 8555 Provides a directory of qualified surveyors and educational information
- UK Finance: (formerly the Council of Mortgage Lenders) 020 7706 3333 The main trade body representing UK mortgage lenders. Its members are banks, building societies, and other lenders
- Age UK: 0800 169 6565 Charity that provides advice, information and services to older people in the UK
- BrumLAG: BrumLAG is a voluntary group of leaseholders affected by the cladding and building safety scandal in Birmingham and the wider West Midlands
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH): 024 7685 1700 Provides advice and training to housing providers
- Citizens Advice Bureau: for England call 0800 144 884. For Wales call 08444 77 2020. Free, independent and impartial advice on various legal matters
- CLADDAG – Leaseholder Disability Action Group: group of residents who are disabled or have health conditions and are living in homes affected by the cladding and building safety crisis
- Elderly Accommodation Council: A charity providing free advice on elderly care and housing matters
- Federation of Private Residents’ Associations (FPRA): 01920 449 839 A not-for-profit advice, support and lobbying organisation for residential leaseholders, tenants and residents’ associations, and residential and management companies.
- Leasehold Knowledge Partnership (LKP): Campaigning leaseholder charity and the Secretariat of the All Party Parliamentary Group on leasehold and commonhold reform
- Leeds Cladding Scandal: group of leaseholders in Leeds affected by the cladding and building safety scandal
- Liverpool Cladiatiors: a resident-led campaign in Liverpool and a collaboration between Inside Housing, UK Cladding Action Group, Manchester Cladiators, Grenfell United, and many other resident groups
- London Cladding Action Group: a resident-led campaign in London and a collaboration between Inside Housing, UK Cladding Action Group, Manchester Cladiators, Grenfell United, and many other resident groups
- Money Advice Service: Free and impartial money and debt advice, set up by the government
- Shelter England: 0808 800 4444; Shelter Cymru (Wales) 0345 075 5005 Housing charity that provides advice and legal representation in relation to secure, assured and assured shorthold tenancy matters
- SouthamptonCAG: a resident-led campaign in Southampton and a collaboration between Inside Housing, UK Cladding Action Group, Manchester Cladiators, Grenfell United, and many other resident groups
- Step Change (A Debt Charity): 0800 138 1111 Provides free advice on problem debt and debt management plans
- EOCS: a resident-led campaign and a collaboration between Inside Housing, LKP, UK Cladding Action Group, Manchester Cladiators, Grenfell United, Welsh Cladiators, and many other regional cladding groups
- Community Housing Cymru (CHC): 029 2067 4810 Membership body for housing associations in Wales
- National Leasehold Group (NLG): 07468 477 054 An independent networking group for senior leasehold managers and practitioners in housing associations and local authorities.
- Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP): 0845 225 2277 Membership association for leasehold professionals, regulating its members
- Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO): 020 36971204 The main body representing retirement community sector the UK
- Home Owners Alliance: 033 0088 2050 (members only helpline) Members receive advice on property law, conveyancing and mortgage services
- National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA) (formerly): 0300 131 6400 Members receive help and advice on landlord and tenant related issues
- Advocate (formerly the Bar Pro Bono Unit): 020 7092 3960. A charity which matches barristers with members of the public who need help. Means tested.
- BPP University pro bono unit (BPP): 0330 060 3444 Law students with guidance from qualified lawyers take part in pro bono work; advice and representation. BPP only advises on properties in London or Birmingham. BPP does not advise landlords. This includes leaseholders who rent out their property.
- Personal Support Unit: Charity with over 700 volunteers providing free practical and emotional support during and after court to litigants in person. Drop-in at various courts (see website) to book an appointment to be seen in person providing emotional and practical support
- Civil Mediation email@example.com: A search facility and directory providing details of mediation providers registered by the Civil Mediation Council
- First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber): 0207 446 7700 London.Rap@justice.gov.uk Handles applications, appeals and references relating to disputes over property and land
- Housing Ombudsman Service: 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:15 to 17:15) Deals with complaints in relation to all housing associations and local housing authorities
- Legal Ombudsman: 0300 555 0333 Will look into complaints as long as the service provider is regulated (includes regulating lawyers other than solicitors)
- National Mediation Providers Association: c/o Lamb Chambers Lamb Building, Temple London EC4Y 7ASNational mediation provider
- The Property Ombudsman: 01722 333 306 Providing consumers and property agents with an alternative dispute resolution service
- Property Redress Scheme: 0333 321 9418 Consumer redress (ombudsman) scheme and redress scheme for Property Agents and Professionals
- Residential Property Tribunals – Wales: 03000 252 777 firstname.lastname@example.org. Independent tribunal that has been set up to resolve disputes relating to private rented and leasehold property.
- Solicitors Regulation Authority: 0370 606 2555 Supervise firms and individuals who are regulated by SRA. Can take enforcement action against those caught breaching principles
- The Conveyancing Association: 01633 261 757 A member regulator whose function is to improve the conveyancing process and implement best practice throughout the industry
- Estate Agency Team – National Trading Standards: (various national trading standards office) – use Government portal to find a local office. Investigates, provides advice and guidance and builds expertise in the application and interpretation of estate agency legislation
- NAEA Propertymark: 01926 496 800 Regulates the estate agency profession and handles complaints
- Companies House: 0303 1234 50 Maintains a register of private and public companies in the UK. Provides guidance information on setting up and running companies including Right to Manage (RTM) companies
- Land Registry: Government organisation which maintains a register of properties in England and Wales.
- Welsh Government: 0300 060 4400 Information, news, legalisation on housing as it applies to Wales
- Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities: (formerly the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government) email@example.com Government department dealing with home ownership and occupation in the UK. Information, news, legalisation
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Leasehold and Commonhold Reform: 07838 256544 Parliamentary group explores how leasehold laws and systems can be improved and the implementation of commonhold tenure
- Local Government Association: 0207 664 3000 firstname.lastname@example.orgA membership organisation consisting of local authorities – working with local authorities to support, promote and improve local government.
- Welsh Local Government Association: 02920 468 600 A membership organisation consisting of local authorities – acting as a collective voice for local authorities in Wales.
- Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman: 03000 610 614 An impartial regulatory body that investigates complaints against councils. A free service for Park Homes