Before replacing a flat entrance door the leaseholder should obtain Building Regulations approval from the Building Control department at the Local Authority. This is due to the safety implications of doing such work.

Most leases will also require leaseholders to apply for written consent to do so before they carry out any alterations. This would usually include any alterations to or replacement of the entrance door to the flat.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.