Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

Who can carry out a fire risk assessment?

The law does not specify who is allowed to carry out a fire risk assessment. The law simply states that the person must be competent enough to complete a ‘suitable and sufficient’ assessment of that particular building.

If you don’t have the expertise or time to do a fire risk assessment yourself, you should appoint a specialist to do it for you. Although you can carry out a fire risk assessment yourself, if you live in a large or complex building it is recommended that you get a professional to carry out the assessment.

You can download a guide to choosing a competent fire risk assessor from the Chief Fire Officers Association’s website.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.