LEASE was set up in 1994 to provide free information, initial advice and guidance to members of the public about residential leasehold and park homes law. We have been providing this valuable service for more than 20 years. As the first point of contact for leaseholders, we are independent and impartial and all of our advisers are legally qualified.


LEASE provides FREE initial advice to members of the public on residential long leasehold and park homes law. We can help if your enquiry is about a flat or leasehold house with a lease longer than 21 years, or if your enquiry is about a park home.

Initial advice is defined as the provision of outline, summary, legal advice enabling you to make an informed decision as to what appropriate action you may need to take next. We will provide as much of this advice as can be fitted into a 15-minute time-slot. Should more detailed information be needed, we can recommend where this may be found.

To book a telephone advice appointment, please click here

LEASE is not able to advise on:

LEASE advisers can provide advice in the following languages:


For advice on park homes law, please use the enquiry form, or telephone 020 7832 2525.

Visit the Park Homes Advice website for advice guides and further information for the park homes sector.


To help you get the advice you need as conveniently as possible, here are some tips:

  1. Have a look through our online advice guides and Frequently Asked Questions.
  2. If you still can’t find the advice you need, you can book an appointment for our advice helpline. To make the best use of your time, make sure that before you call us you:
    • write down a clear outline of your problem and any questions you have. This can help the adviser help you more easily
    • make sure you have relevant documents to hand
    • have a pen and paper, as leasehold law can be complicated and you may want to make some notes

We can provide advice by email, telephone or letter.


One of our main aims is to expand our provision of advice to leaseholders outside London and the Southeast of England. One of the ways to do this is through Outreach Events, where leasehold advisers come to speak to groups of leaseholders.

If you would like LEASE to attend your event please complete the event booking form.

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.