Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

I’m responsible for fire safety in a block of flats. Do I need a fire risk assessment?

If you are responsible for fire safety in a building, it is your legal responsibility to make sure that the building has an up to date fire risk assessment.

The law says that the ‘responsible person’ must get a ‘suitable and sufficient’ fire risk assessment that covers the shared parts of their building.

As the responsible person, you must also:

If you do not carry out a fire risk assessment you could face an unlimited fine and/or up to 2 years in prison.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.