Summary of Rights and Obligations – Administration Charge - Wales
Section 158 of Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 under Schedule 11 paragraph 4 thereof provides that a demand for...
You should refer to the terms of your lease to establish whether you can be required to contribute to the costs of carrying out improvements. If the lease does not require you to pay for improvements you may not have to contribute towards the costs, however there is sometimes a fine line between repair and improvement depending on the nature of the works. Such matters can be determined by the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) if in dispute.
More information you might find useful:
- Service Charges and other issues
- Resolutions for service charge disputes
- Application to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Service Charges
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers