Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
All BSF funding decisions for new applications now involve applicants providing an assessment of the risks posed by fire spread over external walls to identify what, if any work, is needed. This is called a Fire Risk Appraisal of External Walls (FRAEW) and is undertaken by competent professionals. It uses the new PAS 9980:2022 code of practice, with professionals using their expert judgement to assess risk and appropriate mitigations.
The PAS 9980;2022 methodology has been developed by the British Standards Institution. It contains guidance, tailored to the risks posed by fire spread over external walls, and provides tools for a competent professional to carry out a Fire Risk Appraisal of External Wall construction (FRAEW).
More information you might find useful:
- What is the Building Safety Fund?
- Which applicants to the Building Safety Fund need to commission a Fire Risk Appraisal for External Walls now?
- Why not just remove the cladding?
- What are the leaseholder protections in the Building Safety Act 2022?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Fire safety
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.