Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
An application to the Building Safety Fund (BSF) can be made by the organisation that has the legal obligation or right to carry out remediation work on their building (responsible entity). Your responsible entity could be one of the following:
- head leaseholder
- private sector building owner
- right to manage company (RTM)
- resident management company (RMC) or
- registered provider of social housing such as a local authority or housing association.
Applicants can authorise a managing agent to act on their behalf: applying to the BSF and managing the application on a day-to-day basis. However, they only act on behalf of the applicant who retains the legal right to carry out works to address life-safety fire risks associated with cladding.
More information you might find useful:
- What is the Building Safety Fund?
- How can I find out what happened to the Building Safety Fund application made for my building in 2020?
- Can building owners re-apply to the Building Safety Fund?
- Can my building owner apply to the Building Safety Fund if they have already started remediation work?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Fire safety
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.