Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
Where there is disagreement about what the lease extension should cost, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 it is possible to make an application to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) to determine the price. Usually, the professionals involved would try and negotiate a price and it is only where there is no agreement that an application to the Tribunal may become necessary.
Lease extension can be a difficult process. We recommend you get professional help from a solicitor and surveyor with experience in this area.
More information you might find useful:
- Lease Extension – Getting Started
- Application to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Application Form – Application for Determination of Premium or Other Terms of Acquisition Remaining in Dispute: Flats and Premises – Lease Renewal
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Lease Extension
- Lease Extension Calculator
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers