You should firstly check the provisions of your lease to establish what the insurance provisions are. If your landlord fails to comply with their obligations under the lease to insure the building you can apply to the County Court for an order for Specific Performance to compel your landlord to comply with their lease obligations. Alternatively you may be able to arrange your own insurance as a last resort. Before embarking on either of these options you should take specialist advice.

You may also wish to consider taking over the management of your building through the Right to Manage or applying to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) for a manager to be appointed.

You may require the services of a solicitor.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Tell me more Accept