Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

Do I have a right to be consulted if the common parts have to be adapted to assist a disabled person?

Under the Equality Act 2010 residents will have a right to be consulted before adaptations can be made to the communal parts of a property. This right will be a consultation process involving all “affected persons” and will culminate in a written agreement as to how the adaptations will be made. At present, the provisions under the Equality Act 2010 are not yet fully in force.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.