The circumstances in which you can legally withhold payment are;
- Where the demand is not accompanied by the prescribed summary of rights and obligations.
- Where the demand does not contain the landlord’s name and address for service.
Please note that if you receive a further demand in the correct form you may be required to pay.
More information you might find useful:
- Service Charges and other issues: Demands for service charges
- Service charge dispute resolution flowchart
- Information for managers – Summaries of rights and obligations
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Service Charges
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers