Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

How do I apply to the Tribunal and challenge my service charges?

As a leaseholder, to challenge your service charges, you would need to make an application to  the Tribunal.

An application can be made by filling in an application form. The form enables you to provide basic information about the service charge costs and a clear outline of the case so that the Tribunal understands what the application is about. A copy of the lease should accompany the application.

Please note that an application cannot be made to the Tribunal where the charge has been agreed or admitted by the leaseholder, has been or is to be referred to arbitration pursuant to a post-dispute arbitration agreement, or has already been determined by a court or Tribunal.

You may require the services of a solicitor, a surveyor or a managing agent.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.