Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
An application can be made by filling in Application Form – Application for a Determination of Liability to Pay and Reasonableness of Service Charges. The form enables you to provide basic information about the service charge costs and a clear outline of the case so that the Tribunal understands what the application is about. A copy of the lease should accompany the application.
Please note that an application cannot be made to the Tribunal where the charge has been agreed or admitted by the leaseholder, has been or is to be referred to arbitration pursuant to a post-dispute arbitration agreement, or has already been determined by a court or Tribunal.
You may require the services of a solicitor, a surveyor or a managing agent.
More information you might find useful:
- Application to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Service Charges and other issues
- Application Form – Application for a Determination of Liability to Pay and Reasonableness of Service Charges
- Residential Property Tribunal (external link)
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Application to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.