Service charges and other issues
A guide to service charges, administration charges, ground rent, recognised tenants associations and forfeiture.
This podcast is a conversation with Stephanie Smith, a barrister at Arden Chambers. Stephanie represents and advises on all aspects of housing, community care and property law, appearing in the Court of Appeal, High Court, County Courts, Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) and LVT and has provided training on proportionality and possession proceedings, homelessness, judicial review and leasehold disputes.
The podcast explains what to do if you have a problem with service charges, including references to recent cases.
- A service charge bill has arrived. What should I do if I think I am being overcharged?
- Some of the items in the bill are old. What should I do?
- Should I have been consulted on the items in the bill?
- Where can I go to challenge the bill?
- Service charges and other issues
- Service charge dispute resolution flowchart
- Service charges – from demand to payment (webinar)
- Section 20 consultation (webinar recording)
LEASE would like to hear from you. If you would like LEASE to produce a podcast on a particular topic related to residential leasehold law, let us know ([email protected] or 020 7832 2500).