WHO ARE LEASE?
We provide free advice on residential leasehold and park homes law. We are an independent body, and we only advise leaseholders and park home owners. All of our advisers are legally qualified.
WHAT WE DO
We can provide initial advice and guidance on residential long leasehold (that is, a flat or house with a lease longer than 21 years) and park homes law. We also advise on fire safety to those leaseholders living in high-rise buildings.
The advice we provide is outline, summary, legal advice enabling you to make an informed decision as to what appropriate action you may need to take next.
If you need advice please start by looking on this website for the answer you need. We have lots of advice guides and Frequently Asked Questions, that are used by thousands of people every week.
If you still need advice you can book a telephone advice appointment. We will provide as much advice as can be fitted into a 15-minute appointment. We are necessarily limited on the length of the advice slot, but you can book another appointment, if necessary. We can also direct you to other services for further help and advice.
To make the best use of your time, make sure that before you call us you:
- write down a clear outline of your problem and any questions you have. This can help the adviser help you more easily
- make sure you have the relevant documents eg your lease to hand
- have a pen and paper ready, as leasehold law can be complicated and you may want to make some notes
If you have a more complex enquiry, or if you would prefer a written response to your enquiry, then please complete the enquiry form.
For advice on park homes law, visit the Park Homes Advice website; alternatively please use this enquiry form, or telephone 020 7832 2525.
One of our main aims is to expand our provision of advice across England and Wales. One of the ways to do this is through Outreach Events, where our advisers come to speak to groups of leaseholders. If you would like LEASE to attend your event please complete the event booking form.
WHAT WE CANNOT DO
- advise on short term renting (eg leases that are less than 21 years and where rent is paid weekly or monthly)
- advise on commercial leases (eg a shop or other business).
- undertake case work – we cannot represent you in a legal situation, but we will advise you of your rights and obligations under the relevant leasehold or park homes law.
If we cannot help with your immediate issue, at the least, we will recommend where you may be able to find the help you require.
CAN WE MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU?
LEASE advisers can provide advice in the following languages: