WHO ARE LEASE?
LEASE was set up in 1994 to provide free information, initial advice and guidance to members of the public about residential leasehold and park homes law. We have been providing this valuable service for more than 20 years. As the first point of contact for leaseholders, we are independent and impartial and all of our advisers are legally qualified.
The service LEASE provides to leaseholders gives us a unique insight into their current concerns and issues; insight that is of value to lawyers, managing agents and other professionals working in the sector. Revenue from the advice line for these professionals, and from our training services, goes to support our free service for leaseholders.
WHAT WE DO
LEASE provides FREE initial advice to members of the public on residential long leasehold and park homes law. We can help if your enquiry is about a flat or leasehold house with a lease longer than 21 years, or if your enquiry is about a park home.
Initial advice is defined as the provision of outline, summary, legal advice enabling you to make an informed decision as to what appropriate action you may need to take next. We will provide as much of this advice as can be fitted into a 15-minute time-slot. Should more detailed information be needed, we can recommend where this may be found. We also offer a paid for service intended primarily for professionals. However should your enquiry be urgent, you may also use this service.
LEASE is not able to advise on:
- assured or assured shorthold tenancies (eg less than 21 years and where rent is paid weekly or monthly)
- commercial leases (a shop or other business)
LEASE advisers can provide advice in the following languages:
- Mauritian (Creole)
For advice on park homes law, please use the enquiry form, or telephone 020 7832 2525.
Visit the Park Homes Advice website for advice guides and further information for the park homes sector.
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CONTACT WITH LEASE
To help you get the advice you need as conveniently as possible, here are some tips:
- Have a look through our online advice guides and Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you still can’t find the advice you need, you can book an appointment for our advice helpline. To make the best use of your time, make sure that before you call us you:
- write down a clear outline of your problem and any questions you have. This can help the adviser help you more easily
- make sure you have relevant documents to hand
- have a pen and paper, as leasehold law can be complicated and you may want to make some notes
We can provide advice by email, telephone or letter.
LEASE offers training on key topics in residential leasehold law topics via classroom courses, webinar presentations or bespoke training. Click here for more information on training.
LEASE OUTREACH EVENTS
One of our main aims is to expand our provision of advice to leaseholders outside London and the Southeast of England. One of the ways to do this is through Outreach Events, where leasehold advisers come to speak to groups of leaseholders.
If you would like LEASE to attend your event please complete the event booking form.