New advice line
A new service is now available. Lawyers, managing agents and other professionals working in the sector will access LEASE advice through an online booking system. No more waiting on hold – select your slot, call the number provided and get the advice you need. Written advice is also available.
A 20 minute slot will cost just £45 (plus VAT). A 40 minute slot for advice in writing is £90 (plus VAT).
Are you a professional with an issue that you’d like to discuss with a LEASE adviser?
Click here to book your first appointment
The revenue from this new service will, as always, be going to support our free service for leaseholders.
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
Welcome to LEASE
The best place to find answers to your residential leasehold or park homes problems
Education and training on core issues to help you avoid future problems. Take our quiz Understanding your lease and read the accompanying advice guide.
Free advice on issues including service charges, extending your lease, buying the freehold, right to manage and applying to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and much more
Need a lawyer, surveyor, managing agent, or other professional to act for you? Try the LEASE Conferences Practitioners Directory
On the LEASE website you can:
- Read or download the full range of advice guides.
- Find the right information for you using the links below. For example click "I own a flat".
- NEW - upgraded Tribunal Decisions section, with improved search. Premium service available with advanced search and access to case summaries to find important cases quickly. Click here for a 7 day free trial.
- Use the lease extension calculator to get an idea of the cost of extending your lease.
- Book a leasehold training course, live webinar, or purchase a webinar recording in the online shop.
- Upcoming webinars - Shared Ownership - Tuesday 17 May
- Upcoming classroom training - Drafting S13 notices (advanced course) – London (half day) - Thursday 19 May
- Free webinar recordings are available. Service charges, Phillips and Goddard v Francis, Lease extension, Redress schemes.
- New podcasts. See all podcasts.
Find the right information for you
Which of the following statements best describes your situation:
Extending your lease?
Use our lease extension calculator to get an idea of the cost of renewing your lease...