Join us on Wednesday 29 January at 13:00 for Reducing the risk – Block insurance, the vital issues, a presentation and discussion. Book now
LEASE 2013/14 training programme
For training on residential leasehold law.
Section 20 Consultation
Service charges for residential leaseholders
Tackling bad management
Courses can be fully tailored to your requirements.
- OFT market study into residential property management
- Phillips v Francis - permission to appeal granted
- MP praises LEASE’s service
- Consultation on Protecting Local Authority Leaseholders from Unreasonable Charges
- FPRA Annual Conference 12 November
- Government consultation on site rules for park homes
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
The Leasehold Advisory Service is a Non Departmental Public Body (NDPB) funded by Government to provide free advice on the law affecting residential leasehold property in England and Wales.
Whether you are a leaseholder, a freeholder or a property professional, the Leasehold Advisory Service is here to help. We advise on issues including service charges, extending your lease, buying the freehold, right to manage and applying to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).
LEASE also advises on park homes. See our service Park Homes Advice for more information.
On the LEASE website you can:
- Read or download the full range of advice guides.
- Find the right information for you using the links below. For example click "I own a flat".
- Use the lease extension calculator to get an idea of the cost of extending your lease.
- Book a leasehold training course, live webinar, or purchase a webinar recording in the online shop.
- Next webinar - Wednesday 29 January, Reducing the risk – Block insurance, the vital issues, a presentation and discussion. Book now.
- Free webinar recordings are now available. The first of these is Service charges.
- See upcoming LEASE events. If you would like to book LEASE advisers for an event complete the booking form.
- Search our collection of Tribunal decisions.
- Find a lawyer, surveyor/valuer or managing agent in the directory of leasehold practitioners.
- The latest podcast is on lease extension. See all podcasts.
Find the right information for you
Which of the following statements best describes your situation:
Extending your lease?
Use our lease extension calculator to get an idea of the cost of renewing your lease...