These terms and conditions tell you how the Leasehold Advisory Service (LAS) website is managed and how you are protected when you are using our site.
If you do not agree with these terms, you should leave the site immediately.
If you are considering advertising with us, please see our terms and conditions for advertisers.
Using our site
The LAS website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of our Terms and Conditions, which take effect from the date of first use.
The material featured on this site is subject to LAS copyright protection unless otherwise indicated.
LAS copyright protected material may be used in accordance with the Open Government Licence for Public Sector Information if it has been:
- published on this website
- published elsewhere by LAS
- made publicly available under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or otherwise made publicly available with the consent of LAS.
Permission to reproduce the LAS protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Use of the LAS logo
Logos identifying LAS are proprietary marks of the Crown. Copying of our logos and/or any other third party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
Requests for permission to use our logo should be directed to the Chief Executive telephone 020 7832 2500; fax 020 7832 2529; email [email protected] Tell us how and why you wish to use our logo(s). Please include your contact details: name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
© Crown copyright 2010
The LAS website and material relating to the Leasehold Advisory Service, information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Subscribers/advertisers listed in the Directory are listed in good faith and without any representation or endorsement made. Such subscribers/advertisers should not purport in any way to be members of LEASE or its associated company, Lease Conferences Limited.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, or reliability of the materials.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the LAS website.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet.
We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
LAS linking policy
Links from your website to the LAS website
You are welcome to link to the LAS website. However, please ensure you comply with the following conditions:
- You must not imply in any way that the Leasehold Advisory Service endorses your organisation.
- You may not use the Leasehold Advisory Service logo without written agreement from us– see ‘Use of the LAS logo’ above.
- It is your responsibility to ensure deep-links to the LAS website are kept updated. We will not notify you if we move content.
Links from the LAS website to your website
At this time, LAS only links to organisations that fit the following criteria:
- Listing and linking of external websites should not be taken as endorsement of any kind.
- External websites must have a clear aim, be highly relevant to the LAS audience and must, in the LAS’s opinion, contain quality content.
- Government and public sector agency sites.
- Statutory bodies.
- Educational establishments.
- Sites that have some connection with government or established authority – eg BBC, Land Registry.
- Selected voluntary bodies and charities with advocacy functions of national importance.
- Selected trade, professional associations and unions.
Any links we add to our site must be directly relevant to specific sections or pages of the LAS website.
LAS reserves the right to refuse or include links to any website. Although we will endeavour to maintain links to other websites, we cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability or reliability of linked pages.