This disclaimer governs the use of this document. By using this document, you accept this disclaimer in full.
The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. You must not rely on the information in the document as an alternative to legal advice from an appropriately qualified professional. If you have any specific questions about any legal matter you should consult an appropriately qualified professional.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties, undertakings and guarantees relating to this document.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we do not represent, warrant, undertake or guarantee:
- that the information in the document is correct, accurate, complete or non-misleading;
- that the use of guidance in the document will lead to any particular outcome or result.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this disclaimer govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the document, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control. We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including without limitation loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill. We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software. We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Nothing in this disclaimer shall: limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
To: [name of landlord, or the agent, or the person who receives rent]
Property address: [address of flat or house]
- I am/we are the leaseholder(s) of the above property.
I am the secretary of [name of recognised tenants’ association]
This is a recognised tenants’ association for [name of the building]
The leaseholder(s) of the above property within the building has/have consented to this request.
- I/we make this request of the landlord in accordance with Section 21 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.
- As the landlord of the property you are required to comply with the requirements of paragraphs 4 and 5 below.
As the agent of the landlord named as such in the rent book or similar document
Under Section 21(3) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 you are obliged to forward this request to the landlord as soon as may be.OR
As the person who receives the rent on behalf of the landlord
Under Section 21(3) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 you are obliged to forward this request to the landlord as soon as may be.
- I/we require you to provide me/us with a written summary of the relevant costs incurred in respect of the above property.
- If the relevant accounts are made up for periods of twelve months, in the last such period ending not later than the date of this request or
- If the accounts are not so made up, in the period of twelve months ending with the date of this request.
- You are required to supply me/us with the written summary within 1 month from the date of this request, or within six months from the end of the period referred to in paragraph 4 above, whichever is the later.
A person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to perform a duty imposed on them under Section 21 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 commits a summary offence and is liable on conviction to pay a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale.The local housing authority has the power to bring a prosecution.
Signed: [signature of the person(s) giving the request]
Address: [Give the address for future correspondence about this request]