Fire risk assessments: how often must they be done?
There are no specific time periods in law for how often fire risk assessments must be carried out or reviewed....
21st July 2020
The Home Office has published a consultation paper seeking views on proposals to:
- Strengthen the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety)
- Implement the Grenfell Tower Phase 1 Report recommendations requiring a change in law to place new requirements on building owners or managers of multi-occupied residential buildings, mostly high-rise buildings
- Strengthen the regulatory framework for how building control bodies consult with Fire and Rescue Authorities and the handover of fire safety information.
Published alongside the draft Building Safety Bill this fire safety consultation is a key part of government’s reform package to improve building and fire safety in all regulated premises where people live, stay or work and to deliver key Grenfell Tower recommendations.
The deadline for responding to the consultation is 12th October at 11:45 pm to improve building and fire safety in all regulated premises where people live, stay or work and to deliver key Grenfell Tower Inquiry recommendations.
You can respond in one of three ways:
- Respond online
- Email to: [email protected]
- Write to: Fire Safety Unit
2 Marsham Street