This notice should be given within 21 days of entering into the contract. It must contain the reasons for the award of the contract and give a summary of the leaseholders’ observations regarding the estimates or provide a place at which these could be inspected. This notice is not required where:
- the contract has been awarded to a contractor nominated by a leaseholder or recognised tenants association (RTA)
- the contract has been awarded to the contractor with the lowest tender
More information you might find useful:
- What is a Recognised Tenants Association (RTA)?
- Section 20 Consultation for Private Landlords, Resident Management Companies and their Agents
- Section 20 Consultation for Council and other public sector landlords
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Section 20 Consultation
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers