Section 20 struggles
Cordelia M owns a flat in a block of 60 in Camden. The freeholder is planning some major works, but...
This notice should be given within 21 days of entering into the contract. It must contain the reasons for the award of the contract and give a summary of the leaseholders’ observations regarding the estimates or provide a place at which these could be inspected. This notice is not required where:
- the contract has been awarded to a contractor nominated by a leaseholder or recognised tenants association (RTA)
- the contract has been awarded to the contractor with the lowest tender
More information you might find useful:
- What is a Recognised Tenants Association (RTA)?
- Section 20 Consultation for Private Landlords, Resident Management Companies and their Agents
- Section 20 Consultation for Council and other public sector landlords
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Section 20 Consultation
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers