Fire risk assessments: how often must they be done?
There are no specific time periods in law for how often fire risk assessments must be carried out or reviewed....
Applicants who registered to the Building Safety Fund (BSF) in 2020, but did not provide sufficient technical eligibility evidence, have two months to provide this (by 30 September 2022). If they don’t meet this deadline, they will have to re-apply to the BSF using the new criteria and get a Fire Risk Appraisal of External Walls (FRAEW).
Full details of the new process can be found in the Building Safety Fund guidance for new applications 2022.
More information you might find useful:
- What is the Building Safety Fund?
- What happens to existing applications to the Building Safety Fund that made it through to application stage?
- Can building owners re-apply to the Building Safety Fund?
- What are the leaseholder protections in the Building Safety Act 2022?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Fire safety
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.