Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

Can I change my service charges proportion by going to the Tribunal?

If the amount, the percentage, or apportionment that you pay is fixed in your lease, you cannot change this by going to the Tribunal.

This is because the Tribunal does not have the power to amend the proportion or the amount that is fixed in the lease.

However, in certain circumstances you may be able to apply to the Tribunal for a variation of the lease.

You may require the services of a solicitor, a surveyor or a managing agent.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.