Summary of Rights and Obligations - Service Charges - Wales
Section 21B of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 inserted by Section 153 of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act...
No, if the service charge is fixed by the lease, the Tribunal cannot determine any issue relating to how much is payable. However, in certain circumstances you may be able to apply to the Tribunal for a variation of the lease.
You may require the services of a solicitor, a surveyor or a managing agent.
More information you might find useful:
- Service Charges and other issues
- Service charge dispute resolution flowchart
- Application to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Service Charges
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Lease Variation
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers