Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

We are proceeding under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and have agreed all the terms of acquisition but have not completed. What do we do?

If a binding contract has not been entered into within two months of the agreement or Tribunal determination, either party can make an application to the County Court for an order to deal with the conclusion of the freehold purchase. This application must be made within two months of the initial two months period expiring.

Buying the freehold can be a difficult process. We recommend you get professional help from a solicitor and surveyor with experience in this area.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.