Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

I am a leaseholder in a retirement property. Am I responsible for the expenses of the resident warden’s flat?

The terms of your lease will determine whether you are responsible for contributing towards the cost of running the resident warden’s flat.

You should check your specific lease terms about this point. Generally most retirement property leases will contain service charge clauses allowing the landlord to recover the expenses incurred in maintaining a resident warden’s flat.

This charge is classified as a service charge and therefore it has to be reasonable. If you as don’t agree with this service charges you can challenge this at the Tribunal.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.