The summary should show:
- how the costs relate to the service charge demand, or if they will be included in a later demand;
- any items for which the landlord did not receive a demand for payment during the accounting period;
- any items for which a demand was received and for which no payment was made during the accounting period;
- any items for which a demand was received and for which payment was made during the accounting period; and
- whether any of the costs relate to works for which an improvement grant has been or is to be paid.
More information you might find useful:
- Service Charges and other issues: Summary of service charges accounts
- Service charge dispute resolution flowchart
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Service Charges
- Download a template for the leaseholder’s request for written summary of relevant costs incurred under section 21 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers