Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
You will be responsible for your landlord’s reasonable costs. This is limited to legal and valuation costs e.g. the landlord’s valuation, legal costs of drawing up the new lease and checking your right to make the claim for a lease extension.
You do not have to pay the landlord’s costs of going to a First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).
Lease extension can be a difficult process. We recommend you get professional help from a solicitor and surveyor with experience in this area.
More information you might find useful:
- I am a freeholder. The lessee is going to pay me a premium to extend his lease. Am I going to pay any tax on it?
- Lease Extension – Getting Started
- Application to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Application Form – Application for Determination of Reasonable Costs – Flats and Premises
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Lease Extension
- Lease Extension Calculator
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers