Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

What can I do if I cannot reach agreement with the freeholder on the premium payable to buy the freehold of my house?

If you are using the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 you can apply to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) to determine the price. However, if you are privately negotiating you cannot apply to the Tribunal and so it is a matter for negotiation.

Buying the freehold can be a difficult process. We recommend you get professional help from a solicitor and surveyor with experience in this area.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.