Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

Do I need to employ a lawyer to represent me on any variation to a lease?

There is no legal requirement to instruct a property lawyer to undertake the work involved in varying the lease. As a general rule all property transactions should be undertaken by a property lawyer and advice sought. If you have a mortgage you should inform your lender that you intend to undertake a variation of the lease. They may insist that you instruct a solicitor to ensure that their interests are protected and any variations are registered at the Land Registry.

You may require the services of a solicitor.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.