Law Commission publishes report on valuation in enfranchisement
8th January, 2020 Today the Law [glossary_exclude]Commission[/glossary_exclude] publishes its report on valuation in enfranchisement. The [glossary_exclude]Commission[/glossary_exclude] sets out options to...
Are you a naturally positive upbeat person looking for a growth role after leaving university? Someone who can bring a hands-on, “roll-up-my-sleeves-and-become-involved” attitude, to a job? If so, we would like to talk to you about our Communications Assistant role.
For an informal discussion contact: Anthony Essien on 020 7832 2500
- To provide assistance to the Chief Executive, Digital Services Manager and the management team
- Assist in maintaining and developing the organisation’s website, social media and internet content
- Uploading content to the website, drafting copies for newsletters, creating social media posts and social media strategies to improve the organisation’s social media engagement
- Contributing to the ongoing development of website
- Assisting in the development of digital content for the website
- Using effective research skills to investigate, analyse data, make recommendations and produce reports
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications and external facing articles)
- Update databases and media lists
- Track projects and media exposure
- Provide support and assistance to administrative staff, including occasional customer reception duties
- Provide support and assistance to advisory staff
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Graduate with good IT, communications and written English skills
- Team player
- Experience of updating websites and SEO content and imagery
- The ability to proof copy and edit, be able to make suggestions to improve communications
- High standard of inter-personal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Good understanding of business processes and use of media
- Proven experience in marketing or communications environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- An ability to think independently, not just follow instructions. The ability to try and anticipate what they can do to improve processes and delivery, not just action points as they arise.
- Diplomatic, calm under pressure with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work on a range of matters for a number of managers within the team.
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems
- Familiarity with WordPress
Salary: £17,000 – £19,000 depending on experience.
The appointment is for 12 months and will be subject to a three-month probationary period.
The role is home based. However, you will be required to attend an office on occasion and as required for the proper performance of the role. non-exhaustive examples of such occasions being for induction, training, supervision, team events and team projects. If during the course of an assignment and government guidelines permit, you will also be required to attend the offices at regular intervals as instructed by the organisation.
The successful candidate must pass a Disclosure and Barring Service check
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Please submit, by email, your CV and a written statement (no more than two pages) setting out why you are suitable for the role and marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to Miss Nicolette Davis: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 on Tuesday 3rd May
Interviews will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams in the week commencing 9th May 2022.