Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
In the private sector, responsibility for applying to the fund will rest with the responsible person.
Under the Fire Safety Order, the RP is the entity responsible for ensuring the safety of residents in their building from fire and assess the risk and identify suitable mitigating measures where they are needed.
In a block of flats the responsible person is typically
- The freeholder/landlord
- Residential management company
- The managing agent
- The Right to Manage Company
The responsible person should already have information they can use to consider their eligibility for the fund. The government encourages RPs to speak to their local Fire and Rescue Service about the implications of installing a common alarm in their building and to keep leaseholders informed of their intentions.
- £30 million Waking Watch Relief Fund now open for applications
- Government announces £30 million Waking Watch Relief Fund
- Government funding for the remediation of Non-ACM cladding – A quick guide for leaseholders to the Building Safety Fund
- LEASE advice on fire safety
- Book a fire safety advice session
- Make a written fire safety advice query