Skip to main content

Most popular advice guides

Service charges and other issues

Service charges, administration charges, ground rent, recognised tenants associations and forfeiture. For a brief summary...

Leasehold Extension – Getting Started

The right to extend the lease of a flat under the Leasehold Reform Housing and...

Living in Leasehold Flats – A guide to how it works

The nature and typical rights and obligations that relate to the ownership of a leasehold...

Section 20 Consultation for Private Landlords, Resident Management Companies and their Agents

Consultation for qualifying works to a building and qualifying long-term agreements. Purpose of this booklet...

Leasehold Houses – Buying the freehold – Qualification and procedure

Qualification requirements for a tenant to buy the freehold of their leasehold house and outline...

Right to Manage

The right for leaseholders of a building containing flats to take over the management of...

Who is eligible to register for the Building Safety fund?

In the private sector, registration for the fund is open to building owners, freeholders or the responsible entity for buildings within scope that:

Leaseholders should not submit a registration to the fund. If you know or are concerned that your building might have unsafe cladding, you should contact your building owner or manager to ask them to confirm what action they are taking. Your building owner or managing agent should not be waiting for the fund to be open, they should have begun planning the work already.

The government have provided a feedback form to enable leaseholders to let them know the details of their building if they are concerned the owner of their building is not taking  sufficient action to deal with unsafe cladding, or is passing the costs of doing so onto leaseholders.

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.