Skip to main content

Most popular advice guides

Service charges and other issues

Service charges, administration charges, ground rent, recognised tenants associations and forfeiture. For a brief summary...

Leasehold Extension – Getting Started

The right to extend the lease of a flat under the Leasehold Reform Housing and...

Living in Leasehold Flats – A guide to how it works

The nature and typical rights and obligations that relate to the ownership of a leasehold...

Section 20 Consultation for Private Landlords, Resident Management Companies and their Agents

Consultation for qualifying works to a building and qualifying long-term agreements. Purpose of this booklet...

Leasehold Houses – Buying the freehold – Qualification and procedure

Qualification requirements for a tenant to buy the freehold of their leasehold house and outline...

Right to Manage

The right for leaseholders of a building containing flats to take over the management of...

When should my landlord register for the Building Safety Fund?

The registration process for the fund opened on the 1st June and will close on 31st July. The online expression of interest form became available from 1st June, on the Building Safety Fund page on the government website. The full application process will open by the end of July 2020.

Applications for funding will only be available to the building owners, freeholders or responsible entities who register. If for good reason your landlord or managing agent is unable to meet the deadline they should contact MHCLG at the earliest opportunity.

If your building owner is in any doubt as to whether their cladding system is unsafe, they should register in the first instance, ensuring they do so before the 31st July.

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government logo

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.