Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

What will the Building Safety Fund cover?

In the private sector, where eligible, the fund will cover the capital costs of removing and replacing unsafe non-ACM cladding systems on high rise residential buildings which would otherwise be passed on to leaseholders.

In the social sector, where providers qualify, the fund will cover the capital cost of the remediation to high rise residential buildings regulated as social housing. For social providers whose viability is not threatened by the cost of work, the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities will open a claim process in July 2020 to meet the remediation costs which would otherwise be passed to leaseholders. In both sectors funding for mixed use residential and commercial developments will be accepted.

The fund will not meet the cost of interim safety measures such as Waking Watches. However, it is designed to ensure that the remediation required to remove those measures is undertaken as quickly as possible.

In both sectors, the fund will not be available for:

Click here for more information on the scope of government funding

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.