Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
49 of the UK’s biggest house builders have pledged to do the right thing, agreeing to:
- take responsibility for all necessary work to address life-safety fire risk defects on buildings 11 metres and over that they had a role in developing or refurbishing over the past 30 years, and
- take over responsibility for works on any such buildings which have applied for the Building Safety Fund (BSF) and Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) Fund, including reimbursing money paid from those funds for such buildings.
Find out which developers have signed the letter.
Where developers take over responsibility for works on buildings already in the BSF process, they are required to:
- ensure they take forward full cladding remediation or all works recommended by a Fire Risk Appraisal of External Walls (FRAEW), carried out according to the PAS 9980:2022 methodology; and
- ensure all costs incurred by applicants and leaseholders in developing the remediation project are reimbursed; and
- for projects which have completed a tender, ensure they meet the current estimated completion dates for works under the BSF.
Find more information about the Developer’s Pledge.
More information you might find useful:
- How will the Developers’ Pledge affect my building?
- What are the leaseholder protections in the Building Safety Act 2022?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Fire safety
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.