Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
If the building’s application has successfully passed our eligibility checks, it will continue through the original process explained here.
However, if the full funding application has not yet been approved or where works have not started, the applicant can choose to undertake a Fire Risk Appraisal of External Walls (FRAEW), conducted by a competent professional, to help inform the scope of works.
Choosing to carry out a FRAEW could mean that works could be more proportionate, minimising potential disruption to residents and leaseholders.
If either full funding has been approved, or your building’s remediation works have started, the applicant needs to continue to follow the original BSF technical requirements for the removal and replacement of unsafe cladding systems. This means that there will be no additional delays at this advanced stage in the process.
More information you might find useful:
- What is the Building Safety Fund?
- What happens to existing applications to the Building Safety Fund that didn’t make it to the application stage?
- What is a Fire Risk Appraisal of External Walls (FRAEW)?
- What are the leaseholder protections in the Building Safety Act 2022?
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Fire safety
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers.