Skip to main content

Most popular advice guides

Service charges and other issues

Service charges, administration charges, ground rent, recognised tenants associations and forfeiture. For a brief summary...

Leasehold Extension – Getting Started

The right to extend the lease of a flat under the Leasehold Reform Housing and...

Living in Leasehold Flats – A guide to how it works

The nature and typical rights and obligations that relate to the ownership of a leasehold...

Section 20 Consultation for Private Landlords, Resident Management Companies and their Agents

Consultation for qualifying works to a building and qualifying long-term agreements. Purpose of this booklet...

Leasehold Houses – Buying the freehold – Qualification and procedure

Qualification requirements for a tenant to buy the freehold of their leasehold house and outline...

Right to Manage

The right for leaseholders of a building containing flats to take over the management of...

What do I do if my freeholder isn’t applying for the Building Safety Fund?

If your building owner is not taking action or intending to charge leaseholders for the remediation of a cladding system, you can notify the Building Safety Team at the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities using the leaseholder feedback form providing basic details of your building, the owner or managing agent, and the type of cladding you believe is present if known to you.

If you are concerned about a fire safety risk which your building owner or managing agent is not addressing, you should contact your local Fire and Rescue Service or Local Authority for advice.


Other information:

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.