Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

My landlord has completed the work without seeking my views beforehand. What action can I take?

If there is a dispute about whether or not your landlord has acted in accordance with the Section 20 consultation process, where required to do so, the matter can be referred to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) for a determination. Please note that dispensation from the consultation process can be granted retrospectively by the Tribunal.

In cases where the landlord is not required to use the consultation process you still retain the right to challenge the costs if you feel they are unreasonable.

You may require the services of a solicitor, a surveyor or a managing agent.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.