Skip to main content

Want to take over the management of your building?

Our E-Learning platform has modules for leaseholders looking to manage their own building using a RTM company.

Find out more here

I purchased my flat under the Right to Buy. The Council is demanding a service charge for a period when I was still a Council tenant. Can they do this?

The Council can only bill you for services prior to granting of the lease if it is within the Reference Period, which is a period of 5 years from the date the lease was granted or a date where it is reasonable for you to have entered into the lease.

More information you might find useful:

Still not found the answer?

Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.