Join us on Tuesday 11 June at 13:00 for Learning the rules of the new first-tier tribunal (Property Chamber), a presentation and discussion. Book now
LEASE 2012/13 training programme
For training on residential leasehold law.
Section 20 Consultation
Service charges for residential leaseholders
Tackling bad management
Courses can be fully tailored to your requirements.
- LEASE Conference 2013
- Gathering information on service charges - ways to enforce your rights
- When are service charge costs incurred? Court of Appeal decision in OM Property Management v Burr
- 2012-13 Performance summary
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill - implications for managing agents
- Podcast - Lease Extension
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
LEASE adviser starts in Wales
We are pleased to announce that LEASE now has an adviser based in Wales, funded by the Welsh Government. The adviser began work on location in Cardiff on Wednesday 9 January. Based on Ocean Way, Cardiff this service will be in addition to LEASE’s present website, email, letter, telephone and local advice surgery services to consumers in Wales. Part of our remit will be to better understand leasehold across Wales and LEASE is looking forward to the opportunity of meeting as many leaseholders and professionals in the sector as possible. If you would like to meet with us, or if you would like us to arrange a surgery for your residents association or other leaseholder group, call us on 02920 782 222 or 020 7383 9800.
LEASE’s Chief Executive invites anyone interested to contact him on email@example.com to suggest ideas for shaping this new service.
(News story added: 11 January 2013)