Next webinar - Friday 24 April, Introduction to collective enfranchisement. Book now.
Upcoming classroom training - Right to Manage. Wednesday 1 April in Manchester - book now.
LEASE training programme
For training on residential leasehold law.
Section 20 Consultation
Service charges for residential leaseholders
Tackling bad management
Courses can be fully tailored to your requirements.
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
Reinvigorating the Right to Buy and one for one replacement: Consultation
The Government has published a Consultation Paper containing proposals to increase the cap on Right to Buy discounts; and options for meeting the Government's commitment to ensure that every additional home sold under Right to Buy is replaced with a new home for Affordable Rent
The government would be interested in any comments on the proposals in the paper and the consultation closes on 2 February 2012
The consultation paper is available here
For more information on Right to Buy click here
(News story added: 23 December 2011)