Next webinar - Tuesday 10 February, Collective enfranchisement case law – non-valuation. Book now.
LEASE training programme
For training on residential leasehold law.
Section 20 Consultation
Service charges for residential leaseholders
Tackling bad management
Courses can be fully tailored to your requirements.
- Wales - White Paper on future of Right to Buy
- Recognising a tenants' association – what should the proper approach of the tribunal be?
- Free leaseholder event at the LEASE Conference
- Understanding your lease – quiz and advice guide
- LEASE Conference on 4 February 2015 - Book now!
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
The freehold has been sold without being offered to us. What can I do?
The Right of First Refusal (RFR) may apply, however, please note that there are certain disposals which are exempt. Where the freehold has been sold and the Right of First Refusal does apply there may be rights of enforcement against the new purchaser. It may be possible to serve a notice on the new freeholder to compel sale of the freehold.
The Right of First Refusal can be a difficult process. We recommend you get professional help from a solicitor and surveyor with experience in this area. See the list of Leasehold Practitioners.
More information you might find useful:
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers