New advice line
A new service is now available. Lawyers, managing agents and other professionals working in the sector will access LEASE advice through an online booking system. No more waiting on hold – select your slot, call the number provided and get the advice you need. Written advice is also available.
A 20 minute slot will cost just £45 (plus VAT). A 40 minute slot for advice in writing is £90 (plus VAT).
Are you a professional with an issue that you’d like to discuss with a LEASE adviser?
Click here to book your first appointment
The revenue from this new service will, as always, be going to support our free service for leaseholders.
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
The freehold has been sold without being offered to us. What can I do?
The Right of First Refusal (RFR) may apply, however, please note that there are certain disposals which are exempt. Where the freehold has been sold and the Right of First Refusal does apply there may be rights of enforcement against the new purchaser. It may be possible to serve a notice on the new freeholder to compel sale of the freehold.
The Right of First Refusal can be a difficult process. We recommend you get professional help from a solicitor and surveyor with experience in this area. See the list of Leasehold Practitioners.
More information you might find useful:
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers