Quiz - how well do you understand your lease?
Understand the key things you should know about your lease. If you are a purchaser, this can help make sure your solicitor has covered all of these points and explained them clearly to you.
An application can be made to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) for an order to dispense with the Section 20 consultation process. The Tribunal can dispense with the consultation requirements in a particular case if satisfied that it is reasonable to do so. For example where very urgent works are required (on the grounds of safety etc) or it is difficult to obtain more than one estimate.
You may require the services of a solicitor. See the directory of leasehold practitioners.
More information you might find useful:
- Daejan v Benson: S20 dispensation granted to freeholders
- Section 20 Consultation for Private Landlords, Resident Management Companies and their Agents
- Section 20 Consultation for Council and other public sector landlords
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Section 20 Consultation
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Application to the Tribunal
- Application Form – Application for the Dispensation of All or Any of the Consultation Requirements Provided for by Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers